Here’s a link to the full Agenda Packet.
Items of interest:
- Status on Northeast Lakeview College SACSCOC Application
- Texas Transparency Initiative – Program sponsored by State Comptroller’s Office. Texas Comptroller Leadership Circle program recognizes local governments across Texas that are striving to meet a high standard for financial transparency online. “Last year, Alamo Colleges’ Finance Department began collecting additional data to meet the best practices identified, including 3 years of checkbook registers. To go-live this month.”
- RFP for Independent Financial & Compliance Audit Services
- Grievance filed by William S. Delgado
- Updated policy on retaliation to bring it up-to-date with Title IX updates (good thing!)
Looks like the wagons are circling on this budget issue. Do we even have to mention that the State Comptroller’s Office gives out AWARDS for financial transparency? Notice from the presentation that Chancellor Bruce Leslie is only going for the GOLD. Why not the Platinum? Here is the “self-scoring” sheet from the Texas Comptroller. And the Texas Transparency Initiative website.
And unless we’ve gone completely blind, there is no “raw format budget” available for download on the District’s site. Only these pdfs. The minor criteria for this award clearly states:
Raw format budget – A budget posted in an
Excel spreadsheet, HTML, XML, XBRL, or other
machine-readable format. PDF is not a machinereadable
format. This increases the ease with which a
local government’s budget may be downloaded and
analyzed by taxpayers or other users.