Whoa. What is Bruce Leslie up to now? Read through the highlights from these two agenda items for tonight’s meeting. Sounds like an AlamoINSTITUTIONALIZATION of Covey and an all out assault on freedom of speech between employees and the Board:
Student Success Committee
- Ensure maximum hour transfer to the universities through tuning and alignment of the courses.
- Reduce Bexar County taxpayer cost for unnecessary courses from $46 million to $20 million.
- Stipulate that all programs have employment competencies (marketable skills) and learning outcomes including the Board’s policy of Principal Centered Leadership.
- See: Action Commitment for more info, especially the Policies and Participation sections
Policy and Long-Range Planning Committee
- The purpose of the Board’s committees is to carry out the business of the Board. The Board’s meetings should only be scheduled with the knowledge and understanding/ assistance of the Chancellor.
- “Citizens to be heard” is not the appropriate venue for employees to communicate with the Board
- Instead, the Board hereby considers adopting opportunities for employee and student leaders from the Board’s recognized governance organizations, those being the Faculty Super Senate, the Unified Staff Council, and the Student District Council, to make presentations from time to time before the entire Board within the posted agendas of the Regular, Committee, or Special Board meetings, after first meeting with the Chancellor and seeking proactive 3 strategies that will improve the Alamo Colleges and Student Success;
- Upon request of one or more of these organizations to the Chancellor, an item may be added to the Board’s Regular Meeting agenda under “Chancellor’s Report,” whereby specific topics may be posted for discussion between the employee/student group, the Chancellor, and the Board of Trustees;
- A majority of the Trustees may request that the Chancellor add to the Chancellor’s Report agenda items they wish to discuss with the employee/student group at an upcoming meeting;
- The Chancellor may request, and if a majority of the Trustees agree, a special meeting or retreat may be scheduled in order to discuss with the employee/student groups items of interest to be added to the meeting’s agenda.